Friday, January 17, 2014

A little late...Happy Holidays card

You might have thought that you had seen the end of Christmas cards. Not if you are reading my blog! I actually ended up making this card for a teacher after the holidays were over because my kids had a snow day on the last day of school and so I had time to actually make cards to send in with their holiday gifts when school started back up!

I could say this card was inspired...but the truth is that it's pretty much a copy of the card that Kristina Werner made on Day 18 of her Holiday Card Series posts. I love the combination of bright Christmas red on the kraft card. It just sings to me. I used my very fun Unity Stamp Co. Tags, Glorious Tags holiday set for both the framed image and the sentiment. I also used some "twine" that I purchased from Pick your Plum and discovered that it's pretty much cotton string rather than baker's twine. Much thicker than the more high quality twine you can buy - but it works and I really like the final product!


On the inside of the card I added some candy cane striped washi tape to the top and bottom to give it a little pizazz, but I'm not including a picture of that because it's not really that interesting!

Ok. With any luck I will be moving onto Valentine's Day cards before the holiday actually arrives! Stay tuned for that post any day now...

15 comments:

  1. Love the twine effect, Angie. It's a sweet card. Look forward to your Valentine cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you need to scraplift. It is valid inspiration. Do not worry. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card, never thought to use the twine as a border

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the twine frame on this pretty little card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you framed it with the twine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Angie. Love the twine framing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! That's too bad the kids had snow day for the last day of school last year! What were the chances?! But, glad you got extra time to work on your Xmas cards.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card! i remember watching kristina make it lol! i liked your stamping background better tho :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really fun, Angie! Cute job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you framed the stamp with twine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great CAS card, loving the twine frame.

    ReplyDelete